Download installation binaries from the link below.
- There are no dependencies on particular .Net framework.
- ASK application consist from side-by-side assemblies, so no COM component registration during install is performed.
- Optional installation of Citrix Receiver is needed in case Citrix ICA sessions to be launched via ASK (integrated logoff, disconnect and payload debugging is supported).
- Application configuration is stored under “%PROGRAMDATA%\Teknica Software Inc\ASK”.
End-user view of ASK screen
- ASK can be deployed as Citrix published application or as a direct installation on user workstations.
- ASK architecture is derived from resource aggregation provided by Citrix StoreFront (tested on versions 2.1 through 3.0).
- Application check-out availability is calculated from comparing end-user application list with the list of reference account applications. The resulting delta is presented to the end user with an option of application check-out via a Shopping Cart.
- All applications exposed to check-out require ASK authorization (authorization is disabled by default for new applications).
- Multi-stage approval or self-approval capabilities are provided. Optional email notification is also available – end-users and approvers can be notified regarding the approval status change.
- Use StoreFront URL to auto-detect available stores. Citrix NetScaler and 2-factor authentication are supported.
- Application icon cache folder defaults to “%PROGRAMDATA%\Teknica Software Inc\ASK\IconCache” folder that can be changed to local or shared folders (useful for multi-server deployment).
ASK related user group configuration
- Provide existing user groups that will be mapped for:
- ASK administrative feature access
- Application configuration for ASK availability
- Master-approver group that allows for one step authorization even if multi-stage approval is selected
Service account configuration
- Service account is used for impersonation, required for elevated execution needed to add or remove users from particular AD security groups along with authorized overwrite of ASK configuration files.
Authorization Ticket folder configuration
- Authorization Ticket folder defaults to “%PROGRAMDATA%\Teknica Software Inc\ASK\Tickets” folder that can be changed to local or shared folders (useful for multi-server deployment).
Email notification configuration (optional)
- Optional email configuration using most popular email server solution is available.
Email server configuration
- Most common email servers with SSL/TLS encrypted connection options are supported.
Example of email notification test
- Email delivery can be tested prior to deployment.
ASK application check-out enablement:
- By default published applications available to ASK Reference Account are not enabled for end-user check-out.
- These applications can be configured and enabled individually or in groups (useful for application suites).
Example of application enablement for ASK check-out
- AD user group providing access to published application is provided
- Users responsible for approval (admin privileges not required) can be added in the order of approval workflow
- Self-approval is supported when no approver accounts are provided
- Once configuration is complete, it can be enabled for check-out
Configuration of individual approvers
- ASK supports user group and individual user approval
- Lookup of available groups and users with associated email addresses is provided
- Approval from current manager (registered in Active Directory) is supported
Short ASK screen recording